What is Eternal Journeys all about?

The Eternal Journey....

Thanks for stopping by for a read, this blog is about 'the' Eternal Journey. Motivated by all things inspirational, things that make me qustion, stories that move me of personal courage, overcoming struggles, breaking new ground in the inner and outer sciences.

I hope you enjoy the posts and please leave your comments and click the follow blog option if you like whats posted. In the future I plan on releasing at least one book on the many interviews I have collected over the years with the permission of those who wish to go into print.


Thursday 28 May 2009

Hakka - A new film from 'Emptymind Films'

This is a great addition to there library of movies.

I first knew about the Hakka when I started Chow Gar Mantis in the 1990's.

I knew them as a tribal group seperate from the Han Chinese in many ways from food, Martial Arts and language plus lots more.

This film shows the differences and unfortunately now the struggles faced by this group of people.

If you have an interest in the history of Hakka or you practice Hakka Martial Arts, watch this movie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow that is depressing. I remember going somewhere near Longshen that had recently been 'redeveloped' for tourism. There was this clinical DisneyWorld gleam on everything and apart from us and the people running the hostel there wasn't a soul in the whole village, save for 30 German tourists being carried on sedan chairs down backbreaking hills. I've never been somewhere so silent and so sterile and that felt so much like it had died.